The Story that Matters (KJV Edition)
This book is a variant of The Story that Matters with two differences:
- the Bible verses quoted are from the King James Version and
- the book itself is a saddle-stitched, affordable newsprint edition for mass distribution.
The main story of the book remains in EasyEnglish, only the Bible verses are from the KJV. This edition caters to those who prefer the Bible in its classical English.
The Story that Matters is itself a variant of What are Christmas and Easter All About? The text is identical but it uses expressive line art. It is also titled for use beyond the Christmas and Easter seasons.
This 64-page booklet explains the gospel in a chronological manner from creation to the cross. Using line art illustrations and carefully controlled text, the core message of the Bible is explained in simple-to-understand English so that even someone with English as a second language can clearly understanding.
This book is priced so it can be given away in large numbers. Churches can present these booklets to visitors or they can be given out at concerts or church programs. Individuals can also give the booklet like a gospel tract to family, friends and neighbors.
- Written for those with limited language skills: Using EasyEnglish, it is suitable for children, teens, ESL and people who do not read a lot.
- Scripture qutotations: These are all in the classical English, taken from the King James Version.
- Priced for mass giveaways: This booklet is a saddled-stitched, newsprint format, making it very affordable. Bought in bulk, it is priced less than a cup of coffee—cheaper than a Christmas or Easter card. It is ideal to giveaway in large numbers. A church can hang one on every door in a neighbourhood without breaking the budget!
- Assumptions: Assumes reader has little or no prior knowledge of the Bible
- Chronological: Begins with the creation of the universe, and then progressing sequentially through key Old Testament stories, it moves into the New Testament to reveal the meaning of the cross and the tomb. The main story of the Bible is tied together into one universal, all-encompassing drama. The content is brief so a reader can complete the book in approximately 45 minutes.
- Expressive line art: Illustrations by gifted artist, Matt Almy, bring the gospel story to life.
No. of pages: 64
There are book sleeves that wrap around The Story that Matters to enhance its appeal as a gift. For example, at a birthday or celebration, you can wrap the book with the sleeve that reads: “Thank you for celebrating with us!” Or at the funeral of a loved one, you can have a stack of books wrapped in the sleeve that reads: “The anchor of our hope and peace.” These and others sleeves help make it easy to leave someone with a clear explanation of the gospel. Check our site to see the wide variety of sleeves you can download to print off yourself. As you look over the options, we hope you will also be made aware of even more avenues for sharing the gospel. See Book Sleeves >>