By This Name (English)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 3 - 11 and get 20% off
- Buy 12 - 23 and get 30% off
- Buy 24 or above and get 40% off
- Buy 4 - 11 and get 20% off
- Buy 12 - 23 and get 30% off
- Buy 24 or above and get 40% off
Maybe you’ve been told, "I'm glad you've found your way to God but everyone finds him in different places and religions." So how do you share the gospel with someone who believes that God is present in all of nature? What do you say when your friend visualizes “God” as a spiritual force or energy rather than as a person? In a world where “spirituality” has become popular and a knowledge of God has all but disappeared, how do you share the good news of Jesus Christ? Even the Western world has been influenced by cultures that believe in many gods.
By This Name explains the Bible’s core message to people who have no knowledge about the Bible. Using the architecture of the gospel of John, the book clearly sets apart the God of the Bible from all the other gods. It establishes the authority of Scripture and gently compares the biblical worldview to eastern worldviews. It ties together key Old and New Testament stories to reveal the identity of God and the nature of sin, with the aim to answer two questions: “Who is Jesus?” and “What is the story of the cross and the tomb all about?” It helps a person understand clearly what the Bible is all about.
“By This Name” follows a similar chronological structure to “The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus” but is 60 per cent different in content.
- Written for adults and teens: The book is suitable for adults and teens.
- Assumptions: Assumes readers have little or no knowledge about the Bible.
- Eastern worldview: Engages a postmodern, post-Christian, secular mindset. Also addresses questions arising from polytheism, pantheism, animism, agnosticism and atheism.
- Chronological: Begins with the creation of the universe, and then progressing sequentially through key Old Testament stories, it moves into the New Testament to reveal the meaning of the cross and the tomb. The main story of the Bible is tied together into one universal, all-encompassing drama. Follows the same storyline in “The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus” but is 60 per cent different.
- Based on the gospel of John: Uses the gospel of John as a template; at the same time, provides necessary background stories to give the gospel context. It assumes the reader knows very little, if anything, about the Bible.
- Sets apart the God of the Bible: Answers the question, “What makes your sacred book better than mine?” “By This Name” addresses what makes the God of the Bible unique from all other gods or spirits.
- Peels religious tradition off the Bible: Readers are introduced to the Bible without the trappings of religion.
- Objective: The Bible is allowed to speak for itself in presenting the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no arm-twisting to believe. The message is presented objectively; the decision to believe or not to believe is left to the reader.
- Bible verses: Told as a story, 1570 Bible verses are woven throughout the text. The reader engages with the text of the Bible for himself.
- Illustrated: Over 100 drawings, maps and diagrams help explain the story.
- Designed to give away: The book can be passed on like a gospel tract. Readers can then learn the Bible's message on their own.
You may also be interested in:
By This Name Companion Workbook
By This Name Leaders Guide
Alternative places to purchase:
GoodSeed Australasia: au.goodseed.com/by-this-name-english/
- No. of pages:
By this name
I bought this book to have on hand to give out ……I haven’t read it.
Great explanation of the main theme of the Bible
This is the best book I have seen at explaining how the different parts of the Bible fit together. It explains clearly God’s plan of redemption for mankind and does such a good job of explaining who God is and what He is like! I highly recommend this book to believers and non-believers alike! Everyone should read this book!
The book is great! One of the copies came damaged unfortunately...nothing a little tape didn’t fix and they were wonderful to deal with. We have super enjoyed this item.
An understood gospel is a powerful goal
I went through this book five years ago in a study with GoodSeed members. It brought an understanding of the gospel that I did not realize I so desperately needed. My faith has exponentially grown since this first study. And now I am leading ladies through this book aswell. It is my recommendation to anyone young, old, believer, or nonbeliever to read this book in its entirety. It is so simple and profound that it brings the gospel to light for any level of scholar. I get so excited to see people having aha moments as they read through the study. God is honoured through this book. I pray often for open hearts all around the world to get the Opportunity to read GoodSeed books. To God be the glory great things he has done and is doing through the GoodSeed !
A 'powerful' book !
This is one of the best books I have ever read on Evangelism! I actually got to attend the recent seminar in India by John Cross & the team. The Gospel is so very well explained right from Creation to the Cross. This book is unlike other books in the market which says - 10 steps to salvation or 15 steps to pray for your neighbor. It is a step-by-step approach - through the Bible, laying the essential foundation of God’s attributes, offerings in the OT, Ten Commandments etc before a person is introduced to Jesus Christ as the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world! I love this book for its Bible-centeredness! No concept from the Bible is ever diluted or reduced, but is stated as it is. It is a great tool for Evangelism and I fully recommend it!! You will be convicted and challenged like never before to take the Gospel beyond your doors! Truly, “an ‘understood’ Gospel is a ‘powerful’ Gospel ! (Originally posted on April 19, 2012)
A must read
This book has definitely inspired my life and it has strengthened my faith. It is inspired by the Word of God and hence free from errors. It explains terms like justification and sanctification very clearly. It is not just a great evangelistic tool but also helpful to every believer in Christ as it helps you to understand the importance of teaching God’s Word clearly so that more may put their trust in Christ and be set free from the vain belief systems of the world. (Originally posted on April 19, 2012)
By This Name
Just returned home from a seminar with John Cross, the pieces of the puzzle were finally put all together for me. I went through many emotions while sitting in a room of thirty people. But noticed no one around me, it was like everything had come to a stand still in my life, except for the words on the pages…..............it was a 32 hour study of the book, and it brought me to God. This morning in church I raised my hand, stood up and told the people around me what an honor it was to have been invited to attend the seminar put on by “goodseed” and that I had given my life to the Lord…...God bless you John Cross…..........Amen (Originally posted on November 01, 2009)
I sold an old Suburban more than a year ago, but a few weeks ago I received a call from a guy who now had the suburban, but did not have a bill of sale from the guy he got it from. So he came over to my office to talk and see what we could do to get the title transferred to him, since the guy I sold it too never transferred the title. After a short while we began to talk about spiritual things and he mentioned that he has been looking into all sorts of religions, because he had a heart attack recently. I gave him a copy of By This Name, as it is the best book I have seen for helping people to understand that the God of the Bible is the one and only God. This books shows how God proved himself above all the gods of Egypt and every other god. I think this was a divine appointment, otherwise I would never have met this guy and I don’t know where he would have got questions answered. (Originally posted on October 02, 2009)
By This Name
Incredible! I’ve been a Christian for 23 years, but had my eyes opened to the most wonderful way to share the gospel, in a non threatening way, that was simple and chronological. I have struggled with too many words, (that have confused the listener, who stares at me with a glazed look in his eyes), when trying to share the gospel. I feel confident with this material, because it’s a staightforward account of the Bible, with enough extra info. thrown in to clarify key points to the one who is seeking. All i can do, is stand amazed , once more , at God’s perfect Word, and a grateful heart to those on the Good Seed team that have made this material available to all who are interested in sharing their faith, and to provide it at such a reasonable cost. Thank you , Thank you!! and may the Good Shepherd continue to grant his blessing on all that you do… susan (Originally posted on May 06, 2009)