This is the eBook version of The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus English edition. When you purchase this product, you can download the Mobi, ePub and PDF versions.
- Mobi: meant for Kindle devices
- ePub: meant for iBooks, Google Books, Kobo and more
- PDF: requires a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus gives a solid overview of the main message of the Bible. It ties together key Old and New Testament stories to reveal the identity of God and the nature of sin, all the time answering two questions: “Who is Jesus?” and “What is the story of the cross and the tomb all about?” It helps a person understand clearly what is the main message of Bible.
“The Bible makes so much sense now!”
This book is ideal for people who come from a Christianized background, whether Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox. It assumes readers have a concept of only one God who is a person—not a force.
This edition includes 110 online video clips. You can watch these video clips on your mobile device or web browser. Use the QR codes and URLs to access them. (See the videos online.) An optional DVD with these clips is also available for separate purchase. To purchase, go to Add-On DVD for The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus.
- Written for adults and teens: Understood by children as young as 10, but written for adults and teens.
- Assumptions: Assumes that when readers think of God, they think of only one God, and that God is a person, not a force. No other Bible knowledge is assumed.
- Christianized worldview: Ideal for readers who come from a background influenced by Christianity, whether Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox.
- Based on the gospel of John: Uses the gospel of John as a template; at the same time, provides necessary background stories to give the gospel context. It assumes the reader knows very little, if anything, about the Bible.
- Chronological: Begins with the creation of the universe, and then progressing sequentially through key Old Testament stories, it moves into the New Testament to reveal the meaning of the cross and the tomb. The main story of the Bible is tied together into one universal, all-encompassing drama.
- Peels religious tradition off the Bible: Readers are introduced to the Bible without the trappings of religion.
- Objective: The Bible is allowed to speak for itself in presenting the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no arm-twisting to believe. The message is presented objectively; the decision to believe or not to believe is left to the reader.
- Bible verses: Told as a story, 1177 Bible verses are woven throughout the text. The reader engages with the text of the Bible for himself.
- Illustrated: Over 100 drawings, maps and diagrams help explain the story.
- Designed to giveaway: The book can be passed on like a gospel tract. Readers can then learn the Bible's message on their own.
- Designed to use in a course: This resource can be used as the student’s book in a Bible study. (Learn more about “The Worldview Rethink Course.”)
As a non-profit ministry, sales revenue is used to provide resources to people around the world who have no access to them. If you cannot afford this ebook, we would still like you to read it. Use this coupon code to get the ebook free: GOODSEEDFREE
(Copy and paste the coupon code into the coupon box on the payment page.)
[Click here for help using the coupons or downloading the ebooks.]
Thank you GoodSeed!
I thank God for the GoodSeed ministry! I have used this “Stranger on the Road to Emmaus” over 20 years of pastoral ministry and I praise God for the incredible ways God has blessed! I’m looking forward to beginning a new class this summer to see what great things God will do!
Great study to do with your kids
I've done the first three chapters and my kids (ages 10 thru 16) all get something out of it.
From what I've read of it this far, It's a fantastic book!
As per my subject line, as far as I've read on this book, I am totally enjoying it! Thank you for making this available to read on ebook format! :)