KJV 1611 Bible Hardcover
Celebrating the 400th anniversary of the 1611 King James Version Bible
For over 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Bible—popularly known as the King James Version—has been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology.
Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This attractive edition preserves the original 1611 edition. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface ("The Translators to the Reader"), and other introductory material appear as they first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers. Elegantly bound with old-world quality craftsmanship, this is the perfect edition of the incomparable King James Version for study and for sheer enjoyment.
- Word-for-word facsimile of the original 1611 Authorized Version
- Handsome page design with clearer modern type and decorative initials is convenient to read and reference
- The text is complete with the Apocrypha, and the original preface and translators' notes. Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version is also included.
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation page
- 8-point text size
- 8.75" x 5.75" x 1.50"
- Publisher : Hendrickson Publishers; Value $ ed. edition (Jan. 15 2004)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1536 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1565631609
- ISBN-13 : 978-1565631601
- Item weight : 853 g
- Dimensions : 14.61 x 3.18 x 22.23 cm