The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus - VideoBook DVD Set (English)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 4 - 15 and get 15% off
- Buy 16 or above and get 25% off
- Buy 4 - 15 and get 15% off
- Buy 16 or above and get 25% off
For the complete Videobook on a USB drive, please click here.
"The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus - Videobook" gives a solid overview of the main message of the Bible. It ties together key Old and New Testament stories to reveal the identity of God and the nature of sin, all the time answering two questions: “Who is Jesus?” and “What is the story of the cross and the tomb all about?” It helps a person understand clearly what is the main message of Bible.
In this 11-hour video series, John Cross takes you on an unforgettable journey, bringing to life the greatest stories of the Bible. Filmed on location and in the classroom, the viewer is led through "The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus" with the use of over 70 visual aids.
Six DVDs are divided into a total of 52 sections, ranging between 4-27 minutes each. In any given session you can watch as many or as few sections as you like. At the end of a section, you will be asked to “pause” the DVD to answer the questions in the workbook (sold separately), providing an excellent way to reinforce the lesson and ensure that the message is being understood. If you’re looking for a stress-free way to teach the message of the Bible or want a tool that will complement your teaching, "The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus - VideoBook" will help you present an unforgettable gospel message.
This videobook is ideal for people who come from a Christianized background, whether Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox. It assumes readers have a concept of only one God who is a person—not a force.
- For adults and teens: Understood by children as young as 10, but developed for adults and teens.
- Assumptions: Assumes that when viewers think of God, they think of only one God, and that God is a person, not a force. No other Bible knowledge is assumed.
- Christianized worldview: Ideal for viewers who come from a background influenced by Christianity, whether Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox.
- Based on the gospel of John: Uses the gospel of John as a template; at the same time, provides necessary background stories to give the gospel context. It assumes the viewer knows very little, if anything, about the Bible.
- Chronological: Begins with the creation of the universe, and then progressing sequentially through key Old Testament stories, it moves into the New Testament to reveal the meaning of the cross and the tomb. The main story of the Bible is tied together into one universal, all-encompassing drama.
- Peels religious tradition off the Bible: Viewers are introduced to the Bible without the trappings of religion.
- Objective: The Bible is allowed to speak for itself in presenting the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no arm-twisting to believe. The message is presented objectively; the decision to believe or not to believe is left to the viewer.
- Bible verses: Told as a story, 1177 Bible verses are woven throughout the text. The viewer engages with the text of the Bible for himself.
- Designed to give away: The videobook can be passed on like a gospel tract. Viewers can then learn the Bible's message on their own.
- Designed for home Bible study, Sunday school and Bible Camp: Gives Bible teacehrs a stress-free way to teach the message of the Bible.
- Spanish audio and subtitles are included so you can select between English and Spanish.
DVD Region: All Regions
Duration: 11 Hours
Languages: English and Spanish
Subtitles: English and Spanish
In an era of media sound bites, fast food meals, and microwave popcorn, this Bible study is refreshing in its depth. I was first given the Stranger book about 5 years ago after being a Christian for 10 years—I loved it so much that I read it twice in a month (the material can’t be over-studied). The book was an amazing panoramic view of the gospel message weaved into each story of the Bible and clearly explained by John Cross in simple non-theological terms using many graphic illustrations familiar to most audiences. The book changed how I share the gospel with the lost and really helped me to better express the gospel using Biblical stories and terms in my personal witnessing. I bought the audio book for my wife and she lent it to her father who claimed to be a Christian for years (he honestly thought he was “born again”). After listening to the Stranger audio book he understood the FINISHED work of Christ for the first time and trusted Christ as his personal savior apart from religious ritual or an external response (i.e., saying a prayer, joining a church, being water baptized). My review seems weak for the DVD study, but the DVD study is my favorite because the story is brought alive with physical representations (i.e., the tabernacle, branches, coin, visit to the Dead Sea, etc.). I have 3 copies in order to do the study in my home and with people at work during lunch (my father-in-law also has a copy). The Stranger is NOT new truth, but it is a revolutionary way to bring out those old truths so clearly seen in the scriptures. Purchasing the Stranger DVD is one of my best investments next to my own personal Bible. I have shared it with Bible study teachers and pastors that were blessed by the clarity of the teaching which always glorifies God. (Originally posted on June 27, 2008)
My husband is leading a class in our church using the Stranger on the Road videos. In the evenings I has been showing Stranger on the Road to our 2 daughters, ages 11 & 9. I have shown them the videos from the beginning and we do the questions in the book together. What I have found is that by doing the questions with them, the girls understand what is taught on the videos and it allows us to discuss the particular topic of the video which adds clarity. This video series that I have done with my daughters has been absolutely excellent! Showing the video series is a must with your young and older children. I have found that their understand, excitement and Biblical knowledge, while doing Stranger on the Road, has grown as we have gone along. They are sad that it is almost over and have asked if there is anymore videos that we can do. (Originally posted on March 26, 2011)
This book and the DVD series and workbook that accompany it is by far the best, most clearly stated overview of the Bible I’ve seen. It is an excellent foundational base that can be used with new Christians, mature Christians, and non-Christians. I used it to start a neighborhood ladies’ Bible study with ladies from several different faiths. It was so well-received that once we finished it, we were then able to start studying one of the books of the Bible (Mark). John Cross, the narrator/teacher in the DVD, is so easy to understand and makes the truths of God’s Word so clear. I highly recommend this for use by an individual, small group, or large group, or anyone seeking to understand the Bible as a whole. (Originally posted on August 24, 2008)
I'm currently using this video as a home devotion with my wife and 2 girls. We do one video a day M-F and answer the questions. My favorite chapter is 'Filthy Rags'. I think it leaves out some important topics (God's sovereignty in _all_ things), but is an excellent presentation for clarifying the Gospel and that we cannot save ourselves. It left out the particular sin of Noah and Moses as mentioned in the Bible but all details cannot be discussed. One uncomfortable chapter with the family labored the fornication aspect of Commandment 7 (our girls are 10-12 we should have reviewed that chapter first). I bought this for my parents (who attend a Catholic Church) and are watching it. Praise God! (Originally posted on 03/26/2013)
I used this video set with small groups with Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherens, and others and found it biblically sound and clearly instructional. The Spirit used it in a wonderful way. Discussions came easy from hungry hearts. Good for seekers and Christians at any maturity level. (Originally posted by on 02/26/2010)
I sent this DVD set to my sister who is seeking, but has very little knowledge of the Bible. I also used this series with my four children and loved it. We are also going to use this series at church. This clear and visual message strengthened my faith and increased my knowledge when sharing with others. Highly recommend! (Originally posted on 05/18/2009)